WSGA Sage Grouse CCAA/CCA Educational Program
A Candidate Conservation Agreement with Assurances (CCAA) is a voluntary agreement between the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) and a private landowner whereby private landowners agree to manage their lands to remove or reduce threats to species at risk of being listed under the Endangered Species Act (ESA).An enrolled landowner’s individual CCAA ensures that ongoing private land operations and any additional covered activities described in the umbrella CCAA may continue and the landowner receives incidental take coverage under the ESA for covered activities if greater sage-grouse are listed.
Information and Resources (Click to View):
- A Landowner's Approach to Greater Sage-Grouse Umbrella CCAA for Wyoming Ranch Management By: Leanne Correll
- Landowner Handbook for Greater Sage-Grouse Umbrella CCAA for Wyoming Ranch ManagementBy: David Willms
The BLM CCA here provides an outline for what will be developed on an allotment-level basis with permittees/lessees who request a CCA. The individual allotment-level CCA will contain the appropriate site-specific information chosen from this outline.
Greater Sage-Grouse Candidate Conservation Agreement for Range Management on Bureau of Land Management Lands in Wyoming
BLM Guidance and Support for Developing CCA
CCA/Forest Service InformationThe Forest Service CCA here provides an outline for what will be developed on an allotment-level basis with permittees/lessees who request a CCA. The individual allotment-level CCA will contain the appropriate site-specific information chosen from this outline.
USFS Grazing CCA Guidance Document
USFS Grazing CCA Application
CCAA/CCA Forms and Templates
Appendix B Form - Wyoming Sage-Grouse Umbrella CCAA Information Screen
Appendix C Form - Wyoming Sage-Grouse Individual CCAA Application
Appendix D Form - Sample Annual Individual CCAA Report
Federal Fish and Wildlife Permit Application Form
Freedom of Information Act Withholding Document
There are no meetings scheduled for this time.
Acronyms and Definitions
- CCA—Candidate Conservation Agreement
- CCAA—Candidate Conservation Agreement with Assurances
- CM—Conservation Measure
- ESA—Endangered Species Act
- EOS—Enhancement of Survival
- PA—Participating Agency
- FWS—U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Avoid—Used in the context of the CCAA, avoid is to “minimize impacts from an action to the maximum extent possible.” It does not infer that a specific action will never occur.
- Conservation Measures—Specific management actions that directly benefit a species or its habitat.Enhancement of Survival
- Permit—The permit issued under a CCAA that authorizes incidental and intentional take associated with the land uses and conservation measures covered by the CCAA.
- Incidental Take—The take of a species listed under the ESA that is incidental to, and not the purpose of, carrying out an otherwise lawful activity.